6 Point Guide to Choosing the Right Auditor for Your Business
1. Check their qualifications
Use these useful links to check that your auditor is registered with the relevant regulatory bodies below:
- RA – Registered Auditor with IRBA (Independent Regulatory Board for Auditor)
- CA(SA) – Registered Chartered Accountant with SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants)
- Marwick & Company is a SAICA registered training office and has produced many competent professionals over the years.
2. Check the types of industries they have serviced
We, at Marwick & Company, have a wide range of experience servicing various industries, including but not limited to:
- Educational facilities
- Insurance providers
- Law and professional services
- Medical and healthcare providers
- Manufacturing and construction
- Real Estate (Development and Management)
- Retail and logistics
- Privately owned businesses
- NPOs (Not for profit organisations)
3. Check their quality assurance processes
Do the partners and staff attend regular training and professional development? At Marwick & Company, we have several training programmes in place.
4. Check their fees are reasonable
When it comes to fees in the audit industry, you get what you pay for. At Marwick & Company, we offer market-related competitive fees, and our team aims to reliably provide professional, personalised service with integrity on every engagement.
5. Check the reputation of the audit firm
The reputation of a firm is only as good as its service to its clients. Marwick & Company has been providing reliable service to clients for over 45 years. We build trusted, long-standing relationships with our clients. Watch some of our client testimonials here: https://marwickandcompany.co.za/testimonials/
6. Check that the firm offers ongoing support for decision-making and growth
Marwick offers assistance with special assignments. These include advice on company restructures, guidance regarding the growth potential of a business, and direction regarding the formation of trusts.
Could your business be performing better? Our team is here to give you sound, insightful advice and reports to improve business efficiencies. We also see to the audit and independent review of your annual financial statements.