This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting www.marwick.co.za, or our social network, or by utilising our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (the Act), the responsible party is Marwick & Company Inc. Our nominated Information Officer for the purpose of the Act is: Benjamin Flowers, CA(SA).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following Personal Information about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other useful technical information about your visit to our sites.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other services we provide or where you have authorised us to collect information from selected third parties. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that information that it may be shared internally and combined with information collected on our site.
Reference to “consent”, “your consent” or “your explicit consent” shall include the clicking of “submit” button or “I agree” button on our website.
- You can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to access an existing account or page that requires a username or password, will not be available. Alternatively, you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses;
- Please remember, cookies do not contain personal information
USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We use your Personal Information in the ordinary course of our business to provide you with our services, to administrate and improve our site, to analyse the use of our site and to keep you informed about other services and/or products that we believe may be of interest to you.
- If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way then refrain from submitting your personal information to us, or where you have already submitted personal information to us you can either request us in writing on firstname.lastname@example.org to use your personal information or unsubscribe electronically.
- Submission of Personal Information on behalf of another:
Please note that if you provide information on behalf of someone else, then it is your responsibility to obtain the necessary consent from such person before making the information available to us. On receipt of personal information, we assume that the necessary consent has been obtained and will process the Personal Information as per your instructions. You indemnify us against any third party claim where a third party claim that personal information have been processed without the necessary consent or other available exception under the Act (see Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 for more information ).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information with our personnel and sub-contractors, such as accounting service providers or other colleagues of ours, to effectively perform our services as utilised or requested by you. We may further disclose and transfer your personal information to selected service providers in order to provide you with our services including marketing material.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION / SECURITY
- Occasionally the personal information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the Republic of South Africa (“RSA”) for more effective provision of our services; by submitting your personal information, you agree to this.
- We take all reasonable measures to keep your stored personal information safe. Although we will use appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or to any other location by electronic means; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Records of personal information will not be retained for longer than is necessary for operational or archiving purposes for which the information was collected unless retention of the record is required or authorised by law. Records of personal information may be retained for periods in excess of those contemplated for historical, statistical or research purposes, subject to us establishing appropriate safeguards against the records being used for any other purpose and or we have de-identified the record(s).
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that we, our directors or employees participate in are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage with them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal information. We will never ask for personal information through social media platforms and encourage users, wishing to discuss sensitive details or to resolve issues/concerns, to contact us through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
- Our social networks page(s) may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL’s. You are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URL’s published on social media platforms by this website. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URL’s are published, many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
INTERCEPTION AND MONITORING OF COMMUNICATIONS
- To enable us to provide appropriate security and check for viruses we reserve the right to intercept, monitor, copy or block communications to and from our communication facilities (including but not limited to our site, Portal, email, SMSs etc.) in accordance with the relevant provisions of the law.
Marketing: You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or unsubscribe on our emails. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or use the unsubscribe functionality on our email communications.
Access to information: You have a right to see/access your personal information that we keep about you. You may ask us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you upon receipt of a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org (see Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 for more information ).